Monday, March 12, 2007

Old Radio Friend is Coming Back To Wichita Radio

I have known about it for weeks, it was made official today. My friend, Tim Peters is coming back to Wichita radio. He is replacing me in a weird way. He's the new morning guy at 92.3, but it's now Classic Country. Here's the Press Release:

Classic Country 92.3 Announces New Morning Personality

Wichita, Kan. – A familiar Wichita radio voice will return to the airwaves as Classic Country 92.3’s first morning man. Veteran broadcaster Tim Peters will wake up Wichita starting Monday March 26 on KFTI-FM, which has been playing Classic Country Music since January 16th.

Operations Manager Beverlee Brannigan made the announcement, remarking, “In the search for the right morning personality, Tim Peters name kept coming up. It’s clear that Wichita has a strong connection to him. With Tim on board, Classic Country 92.3 is off to a great start.”
Peters adds, “I am so excited to be returning to Wichita. I can't wait to get on the air and re-connect with all my friends who used to listen to me and make a bunch of new friends.”
Tim Peters was most recently on the air at KFKF, Kansas City. Previously, Tim had Wichita’s #1 morning show for more than five years between 1982 through 1987 on KEYN and KKRD.

No comments: