Friday, October 10, 2008

I miss you.

Ten years ago today I lost someone very important to me. My grandpa, Charles Gardner passed away on October 10, 1998. I was so fortunate to take a weeks vacation in September of that year. The last time I saw my grandpa was September 10, 1998. That was my 29th B-day. It was a very special day. I could tell that he wasn't going to be around much longer. He was skin and bones and was stuck in the bed at the care home he was in. I remember rubbing my whiskers on his face and telling him that paybacks are a booger. He laughed. You see, when I was a kid, he would throw me down and rub his whiskers on my face. It hurt, but he found it funny. He would also like to get me by "milking my mouse." That's when you squeeze the life out of a persons pinky.
He was a great man and was loved by all of his family and friends. I still think of him a lot. I still love to hear my grandma talk about how good looking she thought he was and how much she loved him. I wanted to take a minute and share with you how much Charles L. Gardner meant to me. I miss you, Grandpa. I love you.

No comments: