Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Most album downloads ever! Broke record in 2 weeks!

Coldplay holds at #1 on Billboard's album chart for the second week with Viva La Vida Or Death And All His Friends. But the big news is that, in just two weeks, Viva La Vida has sold more downloads than any album in digital history. The old record was held by John Mayer's Continuum. Viva La Vida sold 66,000 downloads this week, bringing its two-week total to 354,000. Continuum has sold 353,000 downloads since its release in September 2006. The rest of the all-time top five albums with the most paid digital downloads consists of Amy Winehouse's Back To Black (329,000), Daughtry's Daughtry (323,000) and Justin Timberlake's FutureSex/LoveSounds (301,000).
This album is awesome! We got a copy at the station a few weeks ago, so I copied it to my computer. I have always liked Coldplay, unlike my brother. He can't stand them. I recommend giving it a listen. Very good!

No comments: