Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Kent Hagelgantz, 1970 - 2007


Kent E. Hagelgantz, 37, of Topeka, lost his battle with cancer at his home September 18, 2007.
He was born June 4, 1970 in Great Bend, Kansas the son of Calvin and Linda Hagelgantz.
Kent was preceded in death by his father Calvin Hagelgantz January 10, 2006 and an infant sister Paula. He is survived by his mother, Linda Hagelgantz; his brother, Craig; and sister, Janelle; all of Topeka; his brother, Brad and niece Baylee of Kansas City.
Kent will lie in state after 10:00 am Friday at the Penwell-Gabel Southwest Chapel where the family will greet friends from 5:00 pm until 7:00 pm that evening. Funeral services will be held 2:30 p.m. Saturday 9/22/2007 at the Wanamaker Seventh–day Adventist Church. Burial will follow at Rochester Cemetery. Memorial contributions are suggested to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, 555 N. Woodland, Suite #113, Wichita, KS 67208. To leave a message for the family online, visit www.PenwellGabel.com.


Kent was one of my best friends from High School. I will miss him dearly. We went to many baseball and hockey games together over the years. We also took a road trip to Niagara Falls and Toronto, Canada in the 90's. He would go to Royals games with me when I lived in Lawrence.
Kent was also the person with me on May 21, 1987 when my mother told me that my Grandma Hubbard was killed in a car accident. I will never forget that day.

I am going to be a pallbearer at the funeral on Saturday. It is going to be a tough weekend.

No comments: