Monday, September 24, 2007

Kent's Funeral

It was a pretty busy weekend for me. As a lot of you know, one of my best friends from High School (Kent Hagelgantz) passed away. Kent had a very rare form of lymphoma. He was diagnosed in January and it took his life last week.
The funeral was very emotional. The family asked that I sit up with the pastors during the funeral. They had me get on the mic and talk about Kent and growing up with him. I talked about our trips to tons of sporting events and our famous trip to Niagara Falls and Toronto, Canada in the early 90's. I then opened it up for the audience to talk about stories with Kent. It went very well.
I am going to miss him. He was a good guy and loved his family and friends very much. It was very sad to see him like he looked, though. Kent was always a big guy. He was never really chunky, just big. He was 6'6 and weighed about 300 pounds when he was healthy. He weight 140 pounds September 18th when he died. Cancer is a terrible thing.
You will be missed, my friend. Rest in Peace.

No comments: