Monday, September 3, 2007

Labor Day Weekend at Pop's!

Kristi and I did the "trip on a tank" on Sunday. We drove from Wichita to Oklahoma. We took back roads to Arkansas City. We then shot through Ponca City and made a stop at Eskimo Joe's in Stillwater. We went from Stillwater to Arcadia to Pop's.
This place is on Route 66 just west of Arcadia, OK. It's about 6 miles east of I-35 on Highway 66. It's very cool. They have tons and tons of different bottled soft drinks, a soda fountain and diner. They also have a lot of cool Route 66 stuff. They even have working gas pumps and it's a convenience store.
I saw a something on CNN about this place a couple weeks back and wanted to check it out. It's pretty neat. I took this picture from across the street when we were leaving. I suggest that you check it out, but reserve your seats to eat in advance. It was packed. We didn't eat there.
You can get more on this place at http://www.pops66.com.

No comments: