Monday, March 17, 2008

Kansas wins Big 12!!!

The Kansas Jayhawks are Champs of the Big 12! They beat Texas 84-74 on Sunday. They are also a #1 Seed in the NCAA Tournament. Their first game is this week from the Midwest Regional in Omaha. They will play Portland State. That team has Kansas connections. Two of the starters on that team are graduates of Wichita Southeast High School.
I think that the Hawks are peaking at the right time. It would be so awesome if they can win it all on the 20th Anniversary of their championship. I remember that like it was yesterday. I was on Spring break in 1988. I rode the train to Missouri and spent the break with my friend, Mark Dinwiddie. I remember riding the train through Lawrence the morning after they won the game and all the excitement. It was very cool. I love Lawrence. That is such a great town. I miss living there.

No comments: